Yesterday, I spent a few hours re-organizing my prezi journal. I decided to use story blocks for the following reasons:
1. Thinking in story blocks helped me simplify my prezi design. I set up five story blocks that address all components of the Growing Systems of Success (GSS) canvas. The five story blocks are: 1) Desired Future, 2) Moments, 3) Resources and Capacities, 4) Projects, and 5) Progress.
2. Each of the five main storyblocks is set up as a notebook as shown below to provide a consistent look:
3. Within each of the five main notebooks, there are story blocks with a distinct visual look.
The weekly calendar is in the projects section of the notebook. Prezi has many storyblocks. I chose a pre-existing storyblock to implement the calendar.
The key moments timeline is in the Moments section of the notebook. I did not use a prezi story block to implement this section.
4. Once the information in the journal is organized by story blocks, it is easy to update. Today, I looked at my journal and decided that only the projects section needed to be updated. I updated the journal in about 5 minutes.
5. The story block design in prezi can be adapted to other toosl. For example, we will see how to use the story block design with the manual kit.
6. The story block design provides seamless integration between the project management, data capture, visualization, and storytelling.
7. Additional story blocks can be added over time to expand the project management and storytelling functionality.
8. Story blocks provide reusable objects that provide a modular design of the journal.
View the Prezi
View the calendar and other elements of my Managing Moments journal here:
Managing Moments is an implementation approach for the Growing Systems of Success (GSS) framework based on The PhD Project model (www.phdproject.org). The PhD Project is an organization in the United States that seeks to propel workplace diversity by diversifying business school faculty. The PhD Project model is a successful model that is now in its 25th year and GSS builds on this well-established mode to help individuals achieve success.